What is a hybrid School? A hybrid school is a bricks and mortar school that my girls attend on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and then on Tuesday and Thursday they are homeschooled by me using the lesson plan their teacher has created. There are many benefits for me to this model and it has worked beautifully for our family. Some of the benefits include:
- Complete Curriculum and lesson plans, no planning
- Grade level friends and participation in social events with like minded families
- Families that share the same values
- small class size
- Classical and christian education with a high value on moral training
- Still being the main teacher/guidance in my child's life
- electives including violin/art/choir/latin/PE/archery/golf/guitar/keyboard
- Even though they homeschooled 2 times a week they are considered by the stat to be in a fulltime, private school.
- Being accountable to finish the work on time ( I need this, LOL)
- More time to play with siblings rather than just friends, promoting their sibling relationship
What I love about this school is that it is just another amazing option to school our children. We do not have to accept the options that are offered to us as parents. We can choose the training of our children and grow our families the way we wish and feel lead. Right now this hybrid shcool is working so well for our family and our children are blooming. At each season of my life I will reevaluate what will work best for my family and make the best decision I can at that time.